Hebrew Conversational classes - absolute beginners
ULPAN OR PROGRAM:
Morah Makedah will be using the Ulpan Or iHebrew curriculum this year, which is a fully equipped digital language immersion curriculum, designed to help students begin speaking Hebrew right away.
ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS CLASS:
This program is for students who have no background in Hebrew at all and introduces the language in a pleasant, easy and fast format. This Online Digital Course is the ultimate tool for total beginners in Hebrew, allowing them to converse with native Israelis from the first day.
One acquires the necessary knowledge in basic Hebrew in no time. New vocabulary is built quickly allowing basic conversation with native Israelis on very useful topics. The multimedia-rich content of this course includes fun video clips, as well as audio content accompanying the text.
The ‘Absolute Beginner’ level digital course consists of several units, where new useful expressions are learned, being intertwined with learning the Hebrew alphabet. Upon quick completion of the material, one is also able to read street signs, food labels, etc.
Vocabulary – the acquired basic orientation vocabulary relates to the following important topics:
- Getting to know
Reading & Writing: Throughout the learning units of this course, students will gradually learn the Hebrew alphabet, including Print and Script letters.
To watch a sample video of short clips from actual classes with Morah Makedah (beginner, novice and intermediate levels) watch this YOUTUBE VIDEO CLICK HERE.
To read more about the program or see demos on the Ulpan Or website, visit the link here.
Classes will be held on Zoom. Because the Ulpan Or curriculum is an all inclusive Hebrew conversation program designed for independent or classroom study, students are able to prepare in advance for classes and in class the instructor will act as a coach.
1st semester is December 12 - May 29, 2022 and 2nd semester is July 17 - December 11, 2022 with breaks in between. Please note, the end of semester may be extended for certain classes to meet curriculum goals.
STARTING IN JULY OF 2022:
Absolute Beginners class will meet Sundays at 10:00 am EST (9 am CST, 8 am MST, 7 am PST)
Novice Low class will meet Sundays at 11:00 a.m. EST (10:00 a.m. CST, 9:00 a.m. MST, 8:00 a.m. PST).
Novice Mid class will meet Sundays at 12:00 p.m. EST (11:00 a.m. CST, 10:00 a.m. MST, 9:00 a.m. PST).
Intermediate Classes will meet Sundays at 1:00 pm EST (12 pm CST, 11 am MST, 10 am PST)
- Each class is 1 instructional hour, which is 45 minutes.
- The pacing can be 1-2 lessons per 45 minute session and depends upon the content and comfort level of the students.
- Each level has 10 units. Our goal is to cover a unit every month so that by the end of the semester or academic year students will have completed a full level.
HOW TO REGISTER & SUBSCRIBE:
- TEST - [Absolute beginners go to step 2]. If you're unsure, take the placement test to find out which class is appropriate for you. Go to the Ulpan Or website, test your level and send the results to Morah Makedah at firstname.lastname@example.org. TEST LINK: click here for direct access
- CONTACT - Contact Morah Makedah at email@example.com regarding class placement and starting dates. After you get a starting date and class placement, complete the following steps.
- CURRICULUM FEE - STUDENTS PAY ONE TIME REGISTRATION FEE of $120 via PAYPAL to firstname.lastname@example.org or Paypal.me/queenmakedah, to purchase access to the Ulpan Or online e-books/curriculum for 1 year; the processing time takes a couple days to get you in the system in time for classes.
- SUBSCRIBE VIA PATREON - subscribe at the Gold Level of $50/month on www.patreon.com/queenmakedah . Your first charge will come out the day you subscribe and once a month on the 1st of the month afterwards.
- ZOOM REGISTRATION: Once you pay your subscribe on Patreon, you will visit the VIP PATRONS page on this website, enter the password you receive upon registering for Patreon, and scroll down to register for the Zoom class you've been placed in.
***Family discounts - If you are interested in your spouse or family members attending classes, speak with Morah about family discounts. A youth's class may be opened for children 12 and under if there is a demand.